Friday, March 16, 2012

Modular stick built dollhouse: Update

UPDATE:

I'm still here - busy building jigs!  I've got most of them done.  

...waiting for some basswood I ordered - should be here next week - will start building a dollhouse then...


...On the Verge of a Nervous Breakthrough...


To see entire project click here 


Small house:


The interior measures 12"W x  8"D

The 1st floor is set as far down as it will go & there's no knee wall in attic.
The Jigs:

I've condensed the dozen or so jigs into one jig...




__________________________________________________________


Found this great calculator site on compound miters


This is great to calculate an 'L' or 'T' shaped house wing / floor plan.


I'm using the 1st calculator of Chris Glad's:


Slope = the pitch.  I'm only using 45°, so I enter 45.
Included Angle =  90° corner which is all I'm using, I would enter 90.
Not using 'The number of sides'


Results:
End Angle = on a table or miter saw - set the miter at 35.264° or as close as possible.
Bevel Angle = on a table or miter saw tilt the blade at 30°

Exterior view shows parts can slide together with very good mitered joints!

The interior view shows the ceilings coming together without any gaps!


________________________________

All photos & images created by me on this blog are the property of Mike's Miniatures - copyright 2012





No comments:

Post a Comment